The Social Energy Bonus is a discount that the Government provides to the most vulnerable consumers. Royal Decree-Law 15/2018, of 5 October, on urgent measures for energy transition and consumer protection typifies three different categories.
There are a series of requirements regarding their level of income and family situation. Therefore, to access it is essential:
- Have contracted the PVPC.
- Have a contracted power of less than 10kW.
- The point of supply is the usual address.
- Be the owner of the electricity contract.
- Vulnerable customers. Making a 25% discount on invoices.
≤ 1.5 x IPREM: 11,279.39 €/ y. if there is no Family Unit or there are no minors in it.
≤ 2 x IPREM: 15,039.18 €/ year if there is a minor in the Family Unit.
≤ 2.5 x IPREM: 18,798.98 € / year if there are two children in the Family Unit.
≤ 3 x IPREM: 22,558.77 €/ year if there are also special circumstances.
- Severe vulnerable customers. Making a discount of 40% on the invoice.
Level of income is equal to or less than 50% of what is stipulated for the vulnerable client.
≤ 2 x IPREM: € 15,039.18 / year and in possession of the Numerous Family title.
≤ 1 x IPREM: € 7,519.59 / year if it is a pensioner who receives the minimum pension.
- Clients at risk of social exclusion. Making a 50% discount on the bill, for those who meet the requirements of severe vulnerable consumers are served by the social services of an autonomous or local administration.
In 2017, the last modification of the Social Bonus was made, so all the beneficiaries of the discount must submit the required documentation again and it will be verified if they continue to meet the aforementioned requirements. If this Bonus is lost, the invoice will be increased since the PVPC will be paid with a price increase.
Unfortunately, Lumisa does not participate in the Social Bonus. However, if you lose the Social Bonus do not hesitate to switch to Lumisa since you will not see the increase in your bill.